The purpose of the BSF Classroom Innovation Grants program is to fuel innovation and creativity in the classroom. Innovation is not limited to the use of technology. Innovation can be seen through incorporating creative, original, or out-of-the-box methods or practices in the classroom.
Deadline is Friday, October 20
Educators, please use the information below to determine if your proposal is a strong fit for BSF’s Classroom Innovation grant program:
BSF is likely to fund:
• Projects that are creative and innovative
• New ways of approaching teaching and learning
• Pilot projects that could, over time, scale to more classrooms and school buildings
• Opportunities for collaboration among teachers, community partners, departments
• Projects that benefit a large number of students
Overall, we encourage you to be creative and think big. BSF wants to partner with you to test new ideas.
BSF is less likely to fund:
• Need-based requests
• Workbooks or schools supplies
• Online subscriptions
• Furniture, room dividers, bins, or capital requests for classrooms (unless there is a clear innovative component to the request)
• Professional development trainings (BSF provides $80,000 in professional development funds to BISD each year. Please contact your principal if you have a professional development request.)
• Teacher salary, release time substitutes, and para-pro positions
Process and Deadline
• September 1st through October 20th: BISD teachers and staff are invited to apply online
• October 23rd through November 1st, committee members will reach out to applicants to ask questions and learn more about their request
• Grant decisions will be announced on Tuesday, November 14th
• At the end of the school year, grant recipients will participate in a Grant Showcase to communicate ideas to educators and community members
More details about funding
• There is no maximum request amount this year. We have $60,000 budgeted for grants. A suggested range for requests is $2,500-$10,000.
• Requests for technology must be approved by the IT Department. Please reach out to Randi Ivancich for feedback and approval before submitting your application.
• Please ensure your principal supports your grant request before submission.
• Grant applications are read by lay people, so be clear, concise and thorough to help the committee understand the value of your project.
• Please submit an accurate and complete BSF grant application and clearly written budget. Please include tax and shipping in your budget.
Innovation Grant Showcase
The purpose of this showcase event is to give teachers an opportunity to exhibit their innovative and creative projects, to share their projects with their peers around the district, and to showcase the work to our donors and school communities. This is our first year to host a showcase. It will be held in the spring and open to all.
To access the grant application: https://goo.gl/forms/ffQi8Z2cmqShQvj92